- Mold Remediation
Mold Health Hazards
Mold in homes can create moderate to severe symptoms and affect some people more than others. Mold affects both the health of your home and your own health. In fact, the effects on the health and safety of individuals in a home with mold growth should always be taken seriously as a precaution. The longer a mold problem persists in your home, the greater the chance that health problems will exist. Further, mold in your home can create moderate to severe allergy symptoms and, in some cases, can be an extreme health hazard. There are many types of toxic mold which create health hazards as they contaminate ceilings, walls, carpets, crawl space, basement, etc. The effects on the health and safety of individuals within the indoor environment are crucial. For example, mold can wreak havoc on your immune system. Every day, people experience unpredicted sick symptoms and allergic reactions seemingly without reason. Some of the more common, chronic symptoms experienced with mold in a home are nausea, weakness, sleeplessness, headaches, and prolonged flu type symptoms
Mold Hazards in Your Home
Mold in the structure of your home affects the building materials just as it does your health. In addition, mold damage can create a major loss to your property if the spores are not properly removed and remediated. While the visible part of the mold is easy to wipe clean, the minute spores are invisible to the naked eye. Those spores are the factors that keep the mold alive in your home.
The longer the mold problem persists, the greater the potential for health and structural hazard conditions. In addition, mold damage can create a major loss to your property and its structure by introducing harmful organisms into the structure if not properly removed and remediated. By nature, the function of mold is to decompose materials. That simply makes it necessary to bring mold contamination to normal levels.
At UPstate Lead & Environmental we believe an immediate response is required for mold conditions to reduce cleanup costs & health hazards! Our technicians are fully equipped and certified to handle such procedures.
- Mold, by nature, decomposes or eats away at building materials
- Wood material decomposes when affected by mold
- Mold grows on the inside of the wall cavity quickly and without any immediate signs
- Mold can easily be brought to proper levels with the right equipment and know how
- Typically, mold begins to grow 24-48 hours after water damage
- The visible mold can be easily cleaned while the microscopic spores will remain until conditions are right
Our Mold Clean Up Services Include:
- Complete Mold Testing and Assessment
- Mold Cleanup and Certified Mold Remediation
- Mold Containment under Negative Air Pressure
- Mold Removal and Mold Remediation
- Flooded Crawl Space Pump Out and Mold Remediation
- Third Party Testing to Guarantee Remediation Efforts
- Service Areas in the following Counties: Broome-Tioga Cortland Tompkins Chemung Chenango Delaware Otsego and many other UPstate Counties. Please call if your County is not listed.
Other Mold Clean Up and Assessment Services we can handle for you
- Complete Mold Damage Repairs and Remodeling
- Humidity and Moisture Evaluations
- Contents Pack Out and Storage
- Complete Structural Drying and Dehumidification
Next Big Step...
Take the time to call or E-mail for more information